5 Ways to Stay Sane During an Insane TimeJan 28, 2022
I don't know about you, but when you're rolling into year three of a global pandemic and you pair it with kids who haven't been in contact with germs in over a year and consequently are a year behind in their immunity levels and then sprinkle in cold & flu season with a splash of the holidays, the new year and regular, everyday expectations, life can feel a little hairy. Or maybe a lot hairy-like Cousin It style hairy.
If you're a mom and you're feeling a bit unstable right now, you're not alone.
Here are five simple ways to get ahead of the current season of 90 MPH curveballs life seems to be throwing at working moms so we don't have mini mental breakdowns week after week:
- Take care of you FIRST. Every airline isn't wrong when they say to put your oxygen mask on first, before helping others. When you're practicing regular self care, you're in a better head and heart space to care for others. You show up as the best version of yourself. You don't crack as easily under pressure.
- Plan, but also be flexible. Plans and routines are important, but equally as important is knowing how to roll with the punches so you don't fall apart when your plan goes off track. And right now, going off track is all the rage.
- Listen to your intuition. Don't ignore her. She knows what's up. Follow her lead.
- Don't fill every moment with something to do. Block out time and space daily to just be. Whether you spend an extra few minutes in the shower, take a 20 minute walk solo or even spend some time in meditation or practicing breathwork, these pauses are crucial for your mind and body to reset and have space to be still.
- Practice a 'get to' vs. 'have to' mindset. I get to do laundry vs. I have to do laundry. I get to take the day off vs. I have to take the day off (because my kid has to get Covid tested...again). As Wayne Dyer said, "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change".
That's all, mama because I know you barely have 30 seconds to read this, let alone the attention span for it either. Godspeed, friend. You've got this.
Join the email list to receive the latest news and updates.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.